’91 3B Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S2_Dave View Post
    It started life as an 034 downpipe, but it's since had fabrication work arranged by Corey.
    Only the flexi remained from the 034 item, everything else is by us and is a true 3" downpipe.
    Clutch was from us also.
    Corey
    01636 822288

Comment

Originally posted by urquattro-island View Post
      hello do you have the nrs for this clutch and what power is it rated for??
      I don't have the p/n, but I think it's this one. Rated to 520Nm. You can have different discs, which will handle more, but they won't be as smooth. Are you sticking with the ARV 'box for your stroker? The reason I went for this clutch is that I didn't mind if it slipped a little to help protect the gearbox and it could be sourced from within Europe (delivered in around a week). I've driven it a little with this clutch and a 3B flywheel and it's a much smoother setup than I had before, but that's probably more down to the flywheel having a bit more mass now. The pedal feels a tiny bit stiffer than with a SPEC3, but it didn't take long to get used to it. It hasn't slipped yet, but three things should be noted:
      1. I didn't do any hard launches.
      2. I didn't drive it much before I popped a hole through a Samco hose at 2.0bar.
      3. Boost didn't come in very agressively because of wastegate creep.
      I'll keep you updated if you're interested.
      David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Corey View Post
        Only the flexi remained from the 034 item, everything else is by us and is a true 3" downpipe.
        Clutch was from us also.
        God it takes me ages to write replies - this wasn't here when I started and it's almost an hour ago . In my defence, I should be working.
        David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

You have the original sport quattro exhaust manifold with the gt 3071 , what kind of flange has your turbo or ex-manifold??? T3 or KKK?
          RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
          BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
          LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
            You have the original sport quattro exhaust manifold with the gt 3071 , what kind of flange has your turbo or ex-manifold??? T3 or KKK?
            Turbo has a T3 flange and it has been adapted to fit the SQ manifold.
            David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

yup

Originally posted by S2_Dave View Post
              I don't have the p/n, but I think it's this one. Rated to 520Nm. You can have different discs, which will handle more, but they won't be as smooth. Are you sticking with the ARV 'box for your stroker? The reason I went for this clutch is that I didn't mind if it slipped a little to help protect the gearbox and it could be sourced from within Europe (delivered in around a week). I've driven it a little with this clutch and a 3B flywheel and it's a much smoother setup than I had before, but that's probably more down to the flywheel having a bit more mass now. The pedal feels a tiny bit stiffer than with a SPEC3, but it didn't take long to get used to it. It hasn't slipped yet, but three things should be noted:
              1. I didn't do any hard launches.
              2. I didn't drive it much before I popped a hole through a Samco hose at 2.0bar.
              3. Boost didn't come in very agressively because of wastegate creep.
              I'll keep you updated if you're interested.
              Yes please do, i think i will need to change the box for the stroker, but will use it until it brakes.
              japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
              www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

Anti-surge housing has arrived.
                David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Dave where did you buy the housing from?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                    Dave where did you buy the housing from?
                    Corey sourced it from 034, but it took a long time to arrive. Once fitted it increased lag significantly (not what I was expecting) so, AFAIK, it's sitting on a shelf. With that news you might not be interested anymore, but if you are I can enquire for you to save you the wait I had? Hopefully I'll be up there soon.
                    David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

• I know it increases lag hehe that's why I've been looking at 3" covers for the 3076r instead of the same standard antisurge covering.

Just wondering where it was sourced, if it was from 034 then it's most likely ATP turbos, do you know the price by any chance?

Comment

• I wasn't paying for it, so I don't know what the price would have been. What's a 3" cover? I now have a milled lump of aluminium (about 100mm) that goes from 4" at the filter tapering down to the 3" inlet. Is that it? I don't have pictures to illustrate fully.

Before

With anti-surge

Now
                        David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

• Some other recent shots:

Summer wheels

Quieter silencer

James' fuel line kit
                          David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

• Loving the airbox, very nice solution in carbon, if you get anymore pics of that I'll be interested to see it.

By 3" cover I mean 3" inlet compressor housing, the Garretts T04 housing are interchangeable, It was so I could keep the RS2 airbox but I may abandon it

Is it me or is there a nut missing for the wastegate cap?
                            Last edited by Jamo; 1 October 2008, 12:52.

Comment

• Fuel lines and manifold look great Dave
                              Chef

Comment

• Just noticed it's an SQ manifold! Where did you buy that?

I thought Aronmatic2 had bought ever last one in existence .

Comment

Working...
                                X